The aspera program is a client application that allows you to interact with Aspera
Faspex, Aspera Files, and Aspera Shares transfer servers from the command line. The client
provides the same data-transfer functionality as Faspex and Shares, in convenient commands
that allow you to automate operations.
For example, with the aspera
client, you can automate the following:
- Listing the contents of your Faspex inbox, Files workspace, or Shares share.
- Uploading to and downloading from your Shares server.
- Sending Faspex packages using files from your local directories.
- Sending files from remote storage sources, such as clusters or S3.
- Downloading packages that are sent to you, to a local storage location.