The following example demonstrates the process of creating a new, basic report (following the instructions described in the topic Creating a Basic Report) for Faspex Server users. In our example, we will generate a report that displays transfer activity by Faspex users only. The example report--once generated--will display total bytes transferred by each Faspex Server user, along with file- and transfer-level detail (where a transfer groups together transfer sessions into a single item).
Navigate to the Manage Report Types page
Select Reports from the Console menu, and then click the Manage Report Types button.
On the Manage Report Types screen, click the New Basic button.
Configure your basic report to display file- and transfer-level details, organized by Faspex Users
On the Create New Report Type page (for basic reports), enter the following information:
Field Description Name Basic Faspex User Report Description Basic Faspex Server User report, which includes total bytes per Faspex User, as well as file- and transfer-level details. How would you like to organize this report? Select "Contact," "Transfer" and "File" as the fields by which to organize this report. In doing so, the report will be grouped by the following:
- Contact (Contact assigned by Console. This can be a Console user name, a Faspex Server user name, SSH account, or customized value obtained from a transfer cookie. Examples: "admin (console)", "aspera (ssh)", "michael (faspex)".)
- Transfer (Human-readable name assigned to a transfer. A transfer represents one or multiple executions of ascp (i.e., one or multiple attempts to transfer).)
- File (File's name)
Columns to include Select the following basic fields to include as columns: bytes transferred, average rate, files completed, files failed, started at, stopped at, status, error description, source address and destination address. Note that when you select a field, its definition will appear in the box below. Sort Select the following fields to sort data inside your groups:
- Sort your contact groups by contact name
- Sort your transfer groups by the time that the transfer started
- Sort your file groups by file name
Select ascending order for all fields.
Filters To narrow down the report so that only Faspex Users are displayed, specify the Transfer Contact field as ending with the value (faspex).
Save, finalize run settings, and run your report
Next, click the Create and Run button. Confirm the following settings on next page:
- Title is as described above
- Report is scheduled to Run Now
- Report period is Month to date and time zone is Pacific
- Sorting is as described above
- Filter is as described above
- XLS file format is checked
Once confirmed, click the Run Report button.
View your Web and XLS reports
After clicking the Run Report button, the page updates to display the report queuing and then running. Once generated, the Web version of your basic report appears as shown below.
As you can see, the report's data is grouped and sorted in the following manner:
- Faspex Users
- Transfers (per Faspex User), which are sorted by the time they started
- File name (per Transfer)
In addition, all data columns appear as selected on the Create Advanced Report Type page. To download the Excel version of the report for use in other applications, click the XLS button.