Software and hardware requirements for optimal product performance
System requirements for IBM Aspera Enterprise Server:
- Product-specific Aspera license file.
- Linux kernel 2.4 or higher. Linux
distributions/kernels released after the product release date may not be
- Libc version GLIB 2.5 or higher.
- SSH Server. Version
5.2 or higher is recommended.
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher for graphical user interface.
If you plan to set up and use the Node API, you must also meet
the following requirements on each node machine:
- In order to use this application on a cloud platform and access
the object-based cloud storage, you must obtain an on-demand license. Please contact
- Identify a directory you plan to use for sharing data. Later on (in Node API Setup), this directory
will be used as the absolute path for the transfer user.
- Verify that the machine's hosts file has an entry for "127.0.0.1 localhost." For
UNIX-based nodes, check /etc/hosts. For Windows nodes, check
- For UNIX-based nodes, verify that SELINUX is disabled by running cat
/etc/sysconfig/selinux. SELINUX can be "permissive"
or "disabled," but not "enforced."