Capabilities of the Aspera Node API
The Aspera Node API is a feature of IBM Aspera Connect Server that provides a RESTful interface for full programmatic control of the Aspera
transfer server environment. The Node API is a daemon that supports APIs for remote file
operations, as well as initiating uploads and downloads.
The Node API includes the following features and functionality:
- An HTTPS (by default port 9092) and HTTP (by default port 9091) interface.
- An API in JSON data format.
- The API is authenticated and the node daemon uses its own application-level users (node
- A node admin utility called asnodeadmin, which can be utilized to add and manage node
- It logs to syslog, akin to
You can use the Node API to set up the following configurations:
- Set up a remote transfer server for Aspera Faspex. In this configuration, the Aspera Faspex
Web UI is on Machine A, while the transfer server (an Enterprise Server node) is on Machine B.
Machine A communicates with Machine B over HTTPS, by default.
- Set up nodes for Aspera Shares. In this configuration, the Aspera Shares Web UI is on Machine
A, while content nodes (Enterprise Server nodes) are created on Machines B, C and D. Users can
then be granted permission to access specific directories (shares) on nodes B, C