Software and hardware requirements for optimal product performance
System requirements for IBM Aspera Enterprise Server:
- Product-specific Aspera license file.
- Linux kernel 2.4 or higher. Linux
distributions/kernels released after the product release date may not be
- Libc version GLIB 2.5 or higher.
- SSH Server. Version
5.2 or higher is recommended.
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher for graphical user interface.
If you plan to set up and use the Node API, you must also
meet the following requirements on each node machine:
- Identify a directory you plan to use for sharing data. Later on (in Node API Setup), this directory
will be used as the absolute path for the transfer user.
- Verify that the machine's hosts file has an entry for "127.0.0.1
localhost." The hosts file can be found in /etc/hosts on UNIX-based nodes.
- For UNIX-based nodes, SELinux must be set to "permissive" or
"disabled", not "enforced". To check the status of SELinux, run the following:
$ cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux
it is "enforced", disable it by following the instructions in Disabling SELinux.
- Using this application on a cloud platform and
accessing the object-based cloud storage requires an On Demand license. To obtain an
On Demand license, please contact your Aspera account manager.