A public URL allows external senders to submit packages to registered users and
dropboxes. External senders no longer need to be individually invited to submit a
package, although that functionality still exists. When a public URL is enabled and
shared to an external sender, the external sender can take the following actions to send
- The external sender clicks the Public URL (which could be for either a dropbox
or a registered Faspex user).
- The sender is directed to page and asked to enter an email address.
- A private link is automatically emailed to the sender.
- The sender clicks the private link and is automatically redirected to a dropbox
or Faspex user package submission page.
- Once the package is submitted through the private link, the dropbox or Faspex user can download the package by going to
The following describes how to enable a public links.
- Go to Server > Configuration > Security and find the Outside Email
Select Allow public submission URLs and choose
Choosing Allow turns on the public URL feature
for all Faspex dropboxes and registered users.
Select Allow dropboxes to individually enable/disable their own
public URLs to allow dropbox and global admins to override the
server setting and turn off this feature for individual dropboxes.
When public URLs are allowed, all users can use public submission unless otherwise
configured by an admin. Users must enable the feature in their user preferences.
For more information, see Enabling and Sharing your Public URL
. Admins can enable
or disable the Public URL feature for specific users despite global settings by going to
, selecting the user, going to the Permissions
section, and choosing Allow
, or Deny
Allow public submission urls