Aspera® Shares™ is a multinode web transfer application that
enables companies to share content in the form of files and directories of any size within
their organization or with external customers and partners. You can deploy Aspera Shares as
either of the following:
- A single server solution that enables sharing content from a single content store and
- A separate server that consolidates multiple content nodes into a single view, and enables
management of user access and file transfers across all nodes.
Aspera Shares is powered by Aspera Enterprise Server™, which features the
Aspera Node API, a daemon providing REST-enabled file operations and a transfer management
Aspera Shares is capable of managing one or more transfer nodes, which can be local, remote,
or cloud-based file systems. Transfer nodes are accessed using the Aspera Node API, which is
activated by the Aspera Enterprise Server license.
With Aspera Shares you can perform the following tasks:
- Navigate across files and folders to locate and initiate a high-speed file transfer.
- Use search, filtering, and sorting capabilities to find individual files or folders in
- Provide secure authenticated access with support for users, groups, and directory
- Manage access and visibility of nodes and directories.
- Manage user activities at the directory level.
- Set up a real-time activity feed that keeps track of user actions and operations such as
creating, deleting, and renaming files and directories. You can also keep track of all
administration and management functions.
- Configure system logging levels.