The IBM Aspera Shares application requires the following:
On the Shares server:
- Windows 64-bit: 2008 R2. 2012 R2
- .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, or 4.0.
- Shares package and license file
Shares includes an Nginx web server listening on port 80 and
443. For best results, Aspera recommends using a machine that does not run a web server. If
you are using a web server, keep port 80 or 443 open, configure either that server or the
Nginx server to use different ports. If you are installing an IBM Aspera Enterprise Server and Shares on the same host and
configure a firewall, close all ports that are not required. For details see the firewall
configuration section of the IBM Aspera
Enterprise Server documentation.
On node machines:
- IBM Aspera Enterprise Server 3.3.x (or later) or IBM Aspera Connect Server 3.3.x (or later). If older versions of these products are already
installed and running on the system, upgrade to the required version before setting up the
node server. See http://downloads.asperasoft.com/en/documentation/1 for information on installing or upgrading these
- Enterprise Server license file.
- Identify a directory to use for sharing data.
On all machines (Shares and nodes):
- Verify that the machine's hosts file has an entry for 127.0.0.1 localhost