On the IBM Aspera Shares machine:
- Windows 64-bit: 2008 R2. 2012 R2
- .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, or 4.0.
- Shares package and license file
Shares includes an Nginx web server listening on port 80 and
443. For best results, Aspera recommends using a machine that does not run a web server. If
you are using a web server, keep port 80 or 443 open, configure either that server or the
Nginx server to use different ports. If you are installing an IBM Aspera Enterprise Server and Shares on the same host and
configure a firewall, close all ports that are not required. For details see the firewall
configuration section of the IBM Aspera
Enterprise Server documentation.
On node machines:
The term node
refers to any machine
installed with an Aspera transfer application, such as IBM Aspera Enterprise Server
Each node machine must meet the following requirements.
- Installed with the latest version of Enterprise Server. If an older version of this
product is already installed and running on the system, upgrade to the latest version
before setting up the node server. For information on installing or upgrading Enterprise
Server, see http://downloads.asperasoft.com/en/documentation/1.
- Enterprise Server has a valid Connect Server license file.
- Configured to use the Node API. For instructions on configuring a node, see Configuring Nodes for Use with Shares.
On all machines (Shares and nodes):
- Verify that the machine's hosts file has an entry for 127.0.0.1
localhost/. You can find this file at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).