The following requirements apply to all Aspera Sync endpoints:
- Solaris version 9 or higher.
- For all non-Windows environments: libc version
GLIB 2.5 or higher
- Aspera Enterprise Server, Connect Server, Point-to-Point, or Desktop Client version 3.5 or
above with a Sync-enabled license. The async and
asyncadmin executables are installed with these products.
Updates to Sync are available as patches that can be downloaded from the Aspera
- Firewall: Allow SSH connections on a non-default, configurable TCP port (for
- Sync uses the ascp binary to perform data transfer. For this reason, you
should verify performance and test transfer speeds by running an
ascp transfer between the endpoints (pushing and/or pulling)
that you plan to sync.
Note: Peer machines must be running compatible versions of Aspera Sync. The 3.5 and newer versions
of Sync require peers with Sync 3.5 or newer, or Sync 1.5.6 (bundled with installations
of Enterprise/Connect Server, Point-to-Point, and Client 3.4.6).